Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Nesting ... in the Guest Room

The Guest Room.  The Purple Princess Room.  The Spare Room.  Erin's Room ..... we call it a lot of different things. 

I made my poor husband "spruce up" this extra bedroom before he could start any of the baby projects.  I don't know why.  Maybe because we've been in the house for eight years and it needed a face lift.  Or maybe because I acquired treasures I wanted to honor when Gramma passed away recently.  Or maybe because I was too overwhelmed to let him start a project with actual purpose and needed a practice-project to get warmed up. 

Whatever the reasoning, our Guest Room has been updated.  And it's full of things I love.  It's still delightfully purple.  And Erin has slept in it twice, giving it her approval!






One of these quilts came from my Great-Grandmother Cordia!
The large urn was my Gramma Jeanne Betsey's!
The chair came from my parents house!
The lamp is from Hong Kong, the hat box is full of vintage chapeaus and the mirrored tray was my Gramma's!