Monday, February 21, 2011

Gettin' all gussied up!

I got dressed up for a Valentine's date this year - some pretty sexy boots capped off the outfit.  But my Mama will be doing NO SUCH THING when she lands on Arabian soil later this spring!  We learned this week that she will need to wear an abaya while she is there.  That means that before she leaves the house, or goes anywhere in public, she will put on a long, loose-fitting robe over the top of her clothes.  She is not wearing a burqua - that is the full black gown with the veil over your head and face.  It's just the abaya, which often are very pretty or have lovely beading and sequins on them.  So while it is inconvenient to add to your daily routine, at least it's only the robe.  And in the meantime she can count her blessings: no one at the commissary will ever know that you spilled mustard on your shirt at lunch.  I say this as a person who usually has some form of lunch on my shirt.  I like to blame it on the kids I work with but the truth is that I have some "food issues" and eating at my desk everyday isn't doing me any favors!

Black Ruffle Neck Abaya -Long Dress  Tulle Sleeved Abaya  Summer Blue Crepe Overcoat