Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Biker Gangs ...

We arrived in Saudi Arabia when I was two months old.  And we were there for two trips over the course of several years that finally brought us back to the US after I completed 1st grade.  I should tell you that 1st grade in an International School was great ... but that's because I had a posse.  Yup.  A gang.  We were called the "Q-Street Gang" and there were usually about 10 of us running around with missing teeth, cut knees and insane tans that meatheads from the Jersey Shore would die for.  But the important thing to know about my posse is my introduction.  I wasn't "jumped-in" like one of Dre's homies.  Nope.  I cried on the playground during my first day of Kindergarten and the cutest little Persian Princess asked me to play with her, subsequently making me her best friend.  That same girlie was my Maid of Honor in 2001, nineteen years later.  Now please keep in mind that I was the only kid on our street with a bike at the time.  And the bike definitely elevated my status temporarily, if nothing else.  So technically, we were a biker gang.  Which brings me to my point - I'm excited for Mom and Dad to spend time overseas again because you meet the greatest people when you step outside of your normal boundaries!  Love you like a sister Delshad!  Wonder who has that pink bike these days?

حبي لك ومثل شقيقة